Sunday, November 11, 2007

Replacing the Back Door


Here is what my back door looked like Saturday morning. Gross, huh? It let in one fabulous wind during the winter...it made my house really cold! The person who had put this door on many many years ago hung it way wrong...it was only held in with nails and no screws. And that foggy looking white stuff on the bottom left was water residue that was non-removable.

Here is the door in the afternoon...actually, notice that there is no door? That is Brother Lane who replaced the back door for me. It was really odd for there to not be any door and just a large gaping hole in my house! I was so glad for that door to be gone!

And here is me with the big metal braces! YAY!


The finished product. It looks so great! Now, just to get all new windows, re-do the shower, completely re-do the laundry room, completely change the floors through the whole house, and change out all the cupboards in the kitchen. That should all be done in, let's see...10 years or so?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Emily has braces! Yay! Can't wait to see them in person.
And I am soooo jealous! I wish my back door looked like your back door.