Monday, November 12, 2007

Gum and Detention

Working at a high school is always interesting. The kids all run around, jump on each other, have high emotions, get all crazy over the stupidest things, and don't listen to the staff...in this case, me. It was very simple. A freshman was about to chew some gum and I asked her to wait to chew it after school (30 minutes from that point) and she kept it in her mouth. Then I saw her a few minutes after that chewing the gum and I asked her to throw it out...she said she swallowed it. THEN I saw her still chewing it and asked her again to throw it out and she pretended that she couldn't hear me...even though I was right next to her. I got a form for her to fill out for lunch detention. And when I asked her why she was not listening to me, she said that she liked to chew gum. ?!?!?!? Why can't they just listen? I guess that is just part of being a teenager...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.