Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Snow and Ice

It was snowing when I got out of work and snowed until I went to bed. There really wasn't that much...not even an inch...but at least the roads didn't freeze up like they did last Tuesday. (school was cancelled because New Mexicans think they can drive on the ice...they can't!) I got up, showered and got all ready to go. I ride the city bus from a park and ride because I don't like to buy gas, pay for parking, and my vehicle needs some work done on it. When I got out to my car, the windows were frozen solid! It took all I had in me to scrap my windows...and it didn't help that my heater never turned on this morning! Poor little frozen me...I was thinking that I would not have to deal with it much longer, but as I pulled into the park and ride, there was the 94 Taylor Ranch/Unser Express bus leaving! So, I had to brave the cold of my mini-van and drive to work, which I arrived at 20 minutes early. Surprisingly, I am in a good mood! I am glad of that...I like being happy.

5 comments:

Marla said...

Brrr! I hate being cold! How did you survive without your heater?! You are one tough lady!

EmilyLemily said...

I had a lot of layers on today. When I got to work, it took a while to defrost! I am hoping that the heater might work tomorrow, but my hopes are not very high...

Elizabeth said...

Wow, congrats on getting to work early! So proud of you. And whoo hoo for the updates. I read them a while ago, I am just now getting to replying to everyone for the most part.

Elizabeth said...

I did!!! You changed the subject! :)

Elizabeth said...

I think that runs in the family, you just sounded like you were describing me! Ha! Love you!