Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Boo BYU Cougers!!!

I went to the BYU v UNM men's basketball game last night...and I am so sad that my Lobos lost!! It was quite the exciting game, though. We were winning most of the game, and then we were tied at the end, so we went into overtime...where we proceeded to loose!!! By one tiny little point! *sigh* Oh well, I guess...


The Pit (which is what our basketball arena is called) was sold out, so me and all the other YSA had to buy standing only tickets and then try to find a place to sneak into a seat. Not that that helped because we were in the student section and the only time that section sits is during half time. We were all really going crazy, especially during the last part since it was such a close game, but there were a lot of fans that decided since we were playing BYU they could talk trash about Mormons. Some of the stuff hurt my feelings...not because they were directed at me, because they weren't, but because they were things that they obviously knew very little about. And I thought it was really ridiculous to bring that up during a game because religion had nothing to do with the basketball game...just brought that up because it bothered me.


I had so much fun spending time with a lot of the YSA from my branch. I have been in my shell for a while and now I have been going out of my way to go do things, even if I don't want to. Like last night! I didn't want to go, but I am very glad that I did, even though I didn't get home until after 1:00! I am sleepy, but at least I am focused on my work, which I was worried I wouldn't be.


GO LOBOS!!!

No comments: